LN/A - VISA et C15, le forum LN/A et VISA
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

LN/A - VISA et C15, le forum LN/A et VISA

On se dit tout sur ses voitures. Tout ce qui concerne, la Ln, La LNA et la Visa. Forum lie au Ln - Lna Club de France.

AccueilPortailSite InternetS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -45%
PC Portable LG Gram 17″ Intel Evo Core i7 32 Go ...
Voir le deal
1099.99 €

LNA in the USA

+4
Karagheuz
dodz26
Forever76
fuldamobil
8 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2
AuteurMessage
fuldamobil
Les Blanc-Bec
Les Blanc-Bec
fuldamobil

LNA in the USA - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA - Page 2 EmptyJeu 25 Jan - 3:00

CitroMax45 a écrit:
Welcome to our boards! Smile

How come have you discovered the existence of the LN/LNA in the Citroen production?
I mean, even for us French it's a car long forgotten, as well for the Visa, except us here who are crazy people loving them Razz

Once again, it's really amazing to see your interest in this nice little car and what you have accomplished (probably never done before).

Well known Citroen classics in the US are DS, SM, and CX. Maybe 2cv for it is iconic worldwide, but LNA, seriously? Wow. You own our respect for what you've done. I'm pretty sure you have the only one in the US cheers

Thank you. I love French cars. I also own a Renault 5 ("Le Car" here in America), and I once had a U.S. Ami6. When I first saw an LNA, I just fell in love with the little car. I've always been interested in European cars, and cars that are considered forgotten, so I knew of the LN/LNA's existence, but before I saw one, I didn't know too much about it except it was Citroën's version of the 104Z. And, when I saw it had the flat twin, I thought it was so cool. I'm a big fan of microcars and unusual cars in general. I have a Fuldamobil microcar from Germany, too, so I like having something no one else has. And, I've never seen an LNA in America, so I knew I had to be the first. I know someone with a Visa here, so there's at least one relative in the country. And, of course, there are many 2CV's. They've gotten pretty expensive here, so importing an LNA was still half the price of a 2CV even with the shipping costs. I'm glad to see these cars still have many fans.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://weird-wheels.kinja.com/
fuldamobil
Les Blanc-Bec
Les Blanc-Bec
fuldamobil

MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA - Page 2 EmptyJeu 25 Jan - 3:02

Karagheuz a écrit:
I just read your article. That was a delight to read. You are insanely crazy. You'll feel perfectly fine with us Smile
I'll tell a word about you on my other forum.

Haha. Thanks. I think I found my people.
lnacaf
Apprenti
Apprenti
lnacaf

MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA - Page 2 EmptyMar 30 Jan - 23:15

hi fuldamobil,

I spent time to read your travel in France, Belgium and the Netherlands: a pure delight!

just a few extracts (I can't copy the dozen I have read and agreed) that I found particularly hilarious:

"A real French car shouldn’t be perfectly straight"
"It was raining again because France"
"No headrests because you have bigger things to worry about than whiplash"
"(about short delay between brake pedal and rear light) This gives you a moment to decide if you really want to brake before letting the whole world know."

and finally in the comments:

"We all need a French car in our lives. To remind us that life doesn’t have to be dull".

You must have english blood, using a so refreshing humor...thanks for the good time to read you. And thanks to show us it is possible to be more crazy than us, just by being able to think about importing a small unloved old french car in the Us...and do it for real !
Undoubtedly the very first LNA to have its tyres on the north american continent. Thanks to share this moment with us.

To be honest, about the rain you mention in your journey in the north of France, I must admit I was a little bit frustrated : No, it doesn't rain more in this area than in any other in France !! Evil or Very Mad (or just some drops more maybe Embarassed ...). I am from this area and I can't let you say that without any firm comment !
But actually, you're right, the half part of the country (to make it simple) the northern part, is half of the year subjected to rain or bad weather. That is why old cars (70' and before) generally made with bad steel and poor waterproof protection (I would say no protection) are usually in a very bad statement regarding rust and corrosion. You are very lucky to have found one in a very good condition in this area (pristine condition as you say?), thanks to a good underframe black painted protection (as it seems).

I also have a lna and live 60 km south from Lille, near the belgian border (we could have met together during your stay, I would had been delighted to know you!), and rust is my first concern. I try not to drive during winter season because rain + salt on roads is a disaster for our cars, even protected. Your lna, under the sun of california, is now saved from all that. Thank god.

Please keep the region logo "Nord Pas De Calais" (the old name of the recently renamed "Hauts-de-France") : the blue sticker near the left rear light, representing a beffroi -not a church!- in the heart of the inhabitants -known to be large and welcoming for everyone who visit or come here to live (I guess you have mentionned it, no ?). You have also this logo under the alphabetical number of the departement (one of the 96 geographical divisions of the country) which is 59 for the proudly and originally named "nord" (translate: north...) for the most northern area of France, where you bought your car.

I wish you to transfer the sooner possible in california your beloved car, and please send pictures of you and the lna from Venice beach !

All the best
Sébastien

lnacaf
Apprenti
Apprenti
lnacaf

MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA - Page 2 EmptyMar 30 Jan - 23:20

and an another clue that shows you have a luxury car: the very very rare rear wiper !
It tooks me weeks to add one on mine ! How lucky you are.. Laughing
Karagheuz
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
Karagheuz

MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA - Page 2 EmptyMar 30 Jan - 23:48

lnacaf a écrit:
And thanks to show us it is possible to be more crazy than us.
No way we let you be more crazy than us, we have top work harder.

lnacaf a écrit:
...and please send pictures of you and the lna from Venice beach !
Brilliant idea !
fuldamobil
Les Blanc-Bec
Les Blanc-Bec
fuldamobil

MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA - Page 2 EmptyMer 31 Jan - 20:57

lnacaf a écrit:
hi fuldamobil,

I spent time to read your travel in France, Belgium and the Netherlands: a pure delight!

Thank you for the kind words, Sébastien! I'm glad my sense of humor works in France. I wish I had found this forum before I bought the car. I could have used your expert opinion. But, I think I did well anyway. I found a good car. I was definitely being a little cheeky about the rain. The weather was actually beautiful my whole trip except for those 2 days in Lille when I went to look at and pick up the car. So, you don't need to defend your climate even though it's quite different from Los Angeles. No worries about rust here.
Thanks for letting me know about that sticker. I was wondering what it meant. Fascinating. I'll definitely keep it on there now. I want to the car to remain as it is. It feels very genuine and honest and a real piece of France.
It's funny you mention the luxurious rear wiper because mine doesn't work. Sad Something else I'll have to fix at some point.
I'll definitely post photos once it gets here to sunny California. Venice Beach, Hollywood, Malibu. I'll take it all the sights.
lnacaf
Apprenti
Apprenti
lnacaf

MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA - Page 2 EmptyMer 31 Jan - 22:22

Look forward to see the pics! For sure they will be the most iconoclasts of this website.

I also am convinced you made a good deal with your car, and even if you have some parts to fix (as we all have here with ours cars), this forum will help you to do that.

That is why it is never too late to connect here and share your car passions with us!

Keep us informed when you get the car.

Sébastien

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA - Page 2 Empty

LNA in the USA
Page 2 sur 2Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2