LN/A - VISA et C15, le forum LN/A et VISA
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

LN/A - VISA et C15, le forum LN/A et VISA

On se dit tout sur ses voitures. Tout ce qui concerne, la Ln, La LNA et la Visa. Forum lie au Ln - Lna Club de France.

AccueilPortailSite InternetS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -29%
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 ...
Voir le deal
499.99 €

LNA in the USA

+4
Karagheuz
dodz26
Forever76
fuldamobil
8 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
fuldamobil
Les Blanc-Bec
Les Blanc-Bec
fuldamobil

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMar 23 Jan - 2:36

Bonjour everyone. I am an American who just imported a 1981 LNA. I think it's probably the first one in America.
LNA in the USA Img_4810

It runs great. The only thing I need to fix is the windshield washer. I think I have the manual pump and my knob is stuck in. Does anyone know how to fix it, or where to get a replacement? Merci!

LNA in the USA 26231410
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://weird-wheels.kinja.com/
Forever76
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
Forever76

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMar 23 Jan - 8:29

[quote="fuldamobil"]Bonjour everyone. I am an American who just imported a 1981 LNA. I think it's probably the first one in America.

It runs great. The only thing I need to fix is the windshield washer. I think I have the manual pump and my knob is stuck in. Does anyone know how to fix it, or where to get a replacement? Merci!

Bonjour tout le monde. Je suis un Américain qui a juste importé LNA 1981. Je pense que c'est probablement le premier en Amérique.

Il fonctionne grand. La seule chose que je dois fixer est le lave-glace. Je pense que j'ai la pompe manuelle et mon bouton est coincé. Quelqu'un sait-il le fixer, ou où obtenir un remplacement? Merci!
Forever76
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
Forever76

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMar 23 Jan - 8:36

Sois le bienvenue sur le forum,et poste d'autres photos,on adore ça.
Je suis curieux de savoir tes demarches pour importer une voiture française ancienne dans ton pays?
Tu es d'ou sinon?
Bon surf...

Be welcome on the forum, and post other photos, we love it.
I am curious to know your steps to import an old French car in your country?
Where are you from?
Good surfing ...
fuldamobil
Les Blanc-Bec
Les Blanc-Bec
fuldamobil

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMar 23 Jan - 9:28

Cars that are 25 years old, or older, are pretty easy to import because they do not need to comply with American regulations. There is just a lot of paperwork for customs. I shipped the car from Zeebrugge to New York City. I live in Los Angeles, California, so I will ship the car to me across the country. Right now, I am storing it at my parents' house in Connecticut. It will need to pass a safety inspection so I can register it which is why I need to fix the windshield washer. Here are more photos of it in Connecticut.
LNA in the USA Img_4812
LNA in the USA Img_4813
LNA in the USA Img_0810
LNA in the USA Img_4811
dodz26
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
dodz26

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMar 23 Jan - 14:20

Hello ,
Welcome here .

I can't help you with your problem , I dont have an LNA but I'm sure that someone can help you.

Very Nice LNA.
Karagheuz
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
Karagheuz

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMar 23 Jan - 15:05

Hello !
Welcome here, I hope you'll enjoy the madness Smile
I have the same problem with the manual pump. No idea how to fix it. I'm considering puting an electrical one with a handy switch.
Anyways, wait a little bit untill the boss gives you access to the whole forum.
All the best with your wonderful car !
Forever76
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
Forever76

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMar 23 Jan - 17:36

Merçi pour ta reponse:

Cars that are 25 years old, or older, are pretty easy to import because they do not need to comply with American regulations. There is just a lot of paperwork for customs. I shipped the car from Zeebrugge to New York City. I live in Los Angeles, California, so I will ship the car to me across the country. Right now, I am storing it at my parents' house in Connecticut. It will need to pass a safety inspection so I can register it which is why I need to fix the windshield washer. Here are more photos of it in Connecticut.

Les voitures qui ont 25 ans, ou plus vieilles, sont assez faciles d'importer parce qu'ils ne doivent pas respecter des règlements américains. Il y a juste beaucoup d'écritures(de paperasserie) pour la douane(les coutumes). J'ai expédié la voiture de Zeebrugge à New York. Je vis à Los Angeles, la Californie, donc je m'expédierai la voiture à travers le pays. Tout de suite, je le stocke à la maison de mes parents dans le Connecticut. Il devra passer une inspection de sécurité donc je peux l'enregistrer c'est pourquoi je dois fixer(réparer) le lave-glace. Voici plus de photos de cela dans le Connecticut.

Forever76
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
Forever76

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMar 23 Jan - 17:39

Salut,Merçi pour les explications et les clichés!
Un pays que j'aimerais decouvrir,Les USA,mais malheuresement,j'ai peur en avion(vertige).

Hello, Merçi for the explanations and the clichés(pictures)!
A country which I would like to discover, The USA, but malheuresement, I am scared of flying (dizziness).
Le texan
Président du LN-LNA
Président du LN-LNA
Le texan

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMar 23 Jan - 21:21

Salut et bienvenu.
Si tu es pas un affolé de l'origine, il est preferable de mettre une pompe electrique avec un interupteur. Les boutons d'origine sont pas facile a trouver et pas efficace au fonctionnement.
Il y a cela mais je suis pas sur que se soit le bon.
http://www.serie04.com/fr/essuie-glace-lave-glace/12456-inter-essuie-glace-1.html
Mais possibilité de mettre une pompe electrique.

Visa super de 1979 euh c’est celle de ma fille. La stroumphette
LNA bicylindre de 1980
LNA 11E Cannelle de 1983
C 15 E de 1995
C 15 D de 1994
BX Image TD de 1990
BX Ourane TD de 1993
Motoconfort AU 88 1976
fuldamobil
Les Blanc-Bec
Les Blanc-Bec
fuldamobil

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMar 23 Jan - 21:44

Karagheuz a écrit:
Hello !
Welcome here, I hope you'll enjoy the madness Smile
I have the same problem with the manual pump. No idea how to fix it. I'm considering puting an electrical one with a handy switch.
Anyways, wait a little bit untill the boss gives you access to the whole forum.
All the best with your wonderful car !

Thank you! Is your knob stuck in the pushed in position, too? It sounds like an electric pump is the only solution. Oh, well. It's nice to meet so many fans of these cars.
fuldamobil
Les Blanc-Bec
Les Blanc-Bec
fuldamobil

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMar 23 Jan - 21:45

Forever76 a écrit:
Un pays que j'aimerais decouvrir,Les USA,mais malheuresement,j'ai peur en avion(vertige).

A country which I would like to discover, The USA, but malheuresement, I am scared of flying (dizziness).

You'll have to come on a boat then. That's how my LNA got here! Wink
fuldamobil
Les Blanc-Bec
Les Blanc-Bec
fuldamobil

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMar 23 Jan - 21:50

Le texan a écrit:
Salut et bienvenu.
Si tu es pas un affolé de l'origine, il est preferable de mettre une pompe electrique avec un interupteur. Les boutons d'origine sont pas facile a trouver et pas efficace au fonctionnement.
Il y a cela mais je suis pas sur que se soit le bon.
http://www.serie04.com/fr/essuie-glace-lave-glace/12456-inter-essuie-glace-1.html
Mais possibilité de mettre une pompe electrique.

Merci! I am sorry I do not speak much French. I wonder how difficult it is to install this electric pump. I guess I would have to do some rewiring.

Je suis désolé de ne pas parler beaucoup français. Je me demande à quel point il est difficile d'installer cette pompe électrique. Je suppose que je devrais faire un recâblage.
(Google translate)

Karagheuz
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
Karagheuz

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMar 23 Jan - 22:21

You shouldn't be too worried about rewiring.
Take a positive after the key contact (hint : the alternator excitation can do the trick), the negative directly to the accumulator.
Don't forget to add a fuse corresponding to your pump. For the switch, just take a detour through the cabin, and you're done Smile

Bon en gros je lui dit de prendre un + après contact pour alimenter la pompe, de coller un fusible et de faire un détour par l'habitacle pour y mettre un interrupteur Smile
AL 76
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
AL 76

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMar 23 Jan - 23:12

Welcome here !!  LNA in the USA 450162

There is some year I had too a problem with the orders of windscreen wiper on my LNA of 1981 ..... here is my realization.
I connected the connector of origin on that gone up on 2CV and instead of the former pump I installed a new model for 2CV.
No electric modification in made for the connection of the switch.

Il y a quelques année j'ai eu moi aussi un problème avec les commandes d'essuie glace sur ma LNA de 1981 ..... voici ma réalisation .
J'ai branché le connecteur d'origine sur celui monté sur les 2CV et à la place de l'ancienne pompe j'ai installé un nouveau modèle pour 2CV.
Aucune modification électrique à effectué pour le branchement de l'interrupteur.

LNA in the USA Lna_8110
fuldamobil
Les Blanc-Bec
Les Blanc-Bec
fuldamobil

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMer 24 Jan - 3:45

AL 76 a écrit:
Welcome here !!  LNA in the USA 450162

There is some year I had too a problem with the orders of windscreen wiper on my LNA of 1981 ..... here is my realization.
I connected the connector of origin on that gone up on 2CV and instead of the former pump I installed a new model for 2CV.
No electric modification in made for the connection of the switch.

Il y a quelques année j'ai eu moi aussi un problème avec les commandes d'essuie glace sur ma LNA de 1981 ..... voici ma réalisation .
J'ai branché le connecteur d'origine sur celui monté sur les 2CV et à la place de l'ancienne pompe j'ai installé un nouveau modèle pour 2CV.
Aucune modification électrique à effectué pour le branchement de l'interrupteur.

Ah, this is interesting. That sounds like a good idea. You used a manual pump from a 2CV, and then changed the location of the windshield wiper knob? My wipers do work. I only need to fix the washer.
Karagheuz
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
Karagheuz

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMer 24 Jan - 7:45

This idea is brilliant ! I'll do that ! My wipers work too, but separating the two functions sticks to the K.I.S.S. principle, which i love Smile

Trop bien ton idée. Par contre pour démonter le machin d'origine, le bouton s'arrache ?

fuldamobil
Les Blanc-Bec
Les Blanc-Bec
fuldamobil

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMer 24 Jan - 9:50

Karagheuz a écrit:
This idea is brilliant ! I'll do that ! My wipers work too, but separating the two functions sticks to the K.I.S.S. principle, which i love Smile

Trop bien ton idée. Par contre pour démonter le machin d'origine, le bouton s'arrache ?

Exactly. This could just mount next to the other one on the dash, I think. It has 2 nipples and I think the LNA one has three, but that should be easy to convert.

LNA in the USA I-moye10
Karagheuz
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
Karagheuz

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMer 24 Jan - 10:39

Three ? Probably one exit tube for each thingie on the bonnet. It shouldn't be a big deal Smile
AL 76
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
AL 76

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMer 24 Jan - 11:56

The new glass cleaner pump for 2 Cv is screwed to the dashboard with the big washer of the old pump of origin of the LNA ....
On my LNA the old pump had two nipples (input and output) I had no change to make to plug the news.
Then for the switch I simply plugged it on the beam of the old switch, the original wiring was long enough, so I installed the switch closer to the lighting commodo of the car (more convenient to found in the dark) Wink .

La nouvelle pompe de lave vitre pour 2 Cv se visse au tableau de bord avec la grosse rondelle de l'ancienne pompe d'origine de la LNA ... .
Sur ma LNA l'ancienne pompe d'origine avait 2 mamelons (entrée et sortie) je n'ai eu aucune modification à y apporter pour brancher la nouvelle.
Ensuite pour l'interrupteur je l'ai simplement branché sur le faisceau de l'ancien interrupteur, le cablage d'origine était suffisamment long, j'ai donc installé l'interrupteur au plus près du commodo d'éclairage de la voiture (plus pratique à trouvé dans le noir) Wink .
Forever76
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
Forever76

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMer 24 Jan - 14:40

fuldamobil a écrit:
Forever76 a écrit:

You'll have to come on a boat then. That's how my LNA got here! Wink

Hello, good idea, the boat that goes I gére.

Bonjour,bonne idée,le bateau ça va je gére.
AL 76
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
AL 76

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMer 24 Jan - 17:25

Karagheuz a écrit:
Par contre pour démonter le machin d'origine, le bouton s'arrache ?

Oui tu tire dessus !! Wink

Surfing the web there are 2 or 3 months to see LNA I discovered this blog .... I think it's your LNA !!

En surfant sur la toile il y a 2 ou 3 mois pour voir des LNA j'ai découvert ce blog .... je pense que c'est ta LNA !!

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/sunday-storytime-how-i-bought-an-old-citroen-in-france-1820153733
fuldamobil
Les Blanc-Bec
Les Blanc-Bec
fuldamobil

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMer 24 Jan - 19:06

AL 76 a écrit:

Surfing the web there are 2 or 3 months to see LNA I discovered this blog .... I think it's your LNA !!

En surfant sur la toile il y a 2 ou 3 mois pour voir des LNA j'ai découvert ce blog .... je pense que c'est ta LNA !!

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/sunday-storytime-how-i-bought-an-old-citroen-in-france-1820153733

Yes, that is me and the story of how I bought it and brought it here! Were you able to read the article?

Thanks for your advice on the pump. I think you have found the best solution to this problem.
CitroMax45
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
CitroMax45

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMer 24 Jan - 20:52

Welcome to our boards! Smile

Man, I will read your blog when I have some time, but looks a hell of a site, by only giving it a glance! Shocked

How come have you discovered the existence of the LN/LNA in the Citroen production?
I mean, even for us French it's a car long forgotten, as well for the Visa, except us here who are crazy people loving them Razz

Once again, it's really amazing to see your interest in this nice little car and what you have accomplished (probably never done before).

Well known Citroen classics in the US are DS, SM, and CX. Maybe 2cv for it is iconic worldwide, but LNA, seriously? Wow. You own our respect for what you've done. I'm pretty sure you have the only one in the US cheers

Hope our experts here got you the solution for your little technical issue (I got a Visa so I'm of no help), talk to you soon! Cheers Wink
AL 76
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
AL 76

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMer 24 Jan - 21:30

fuldamobil a écrit:
Were you able to read the article?

Yes it is easy to read the article in French, thanks to the automatic translation.

fuldamobil a écrit:
Thanks for your advice on the pump. I think you have found the best solution to this problem.

Wink
Karagheuz
Le Doyen
Le Doyen
Karagheuz

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA EmptyMer 24 Jan - 21:35

I just read your article. That was a delight to read. You are insanely crazy. You'll feel perfectly fine with us Smile
I'll tell a word about you on my other forum.
Contenu sponsorisé

LNA in the USA Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LNA in the USA   LNA in the USA Empty

LNA in the USA
Page 1 sur 2Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant